Are there any Swedish PSG-90 in civilian hands?

This is our interntional part of the forum. In this forum we discuss hunting, shooting, firearms, reloading and much more.
Feel free to ask us anyting in english about the topics mentioned above in this part of the forum.

Moderatorer: Ulrik, Trond Åsly, taxen, Stefan.K, potatiskastare, PerN, mecke, Kari Lindström, Fritz Kraut

OR4NGE

Are there any Swedish PSG-90 in civilian hands?

Inlägg av OR4NGE »

Hey there,

I have a couple of AI Rifles from around the world and I would love to add a Swedish PSG-90 to my collection, I was wondering if there are any in civilian hands and if some of them might be sold with the adoption of a new rifle or it is military only?

Thanks in advance !

Stewe's world on ice

Re: Are there any Swedish PSG-90 in civilian hands?

Inlägg av Stewe's world on ice »

Hunt to live. Live to hunt

regnskogII

Inlägg av regnskogII »

The ones used by our military forces will never be sold to civilian parties, not directly in Sweden at least, it´s against a whole bunch of laws and regulations,

if and when they are dropped from service here, they will be refurbished and put in storage for future use and for the homeguard to have to remove the last of the AK4B that they still use in some parts.

OR4NGE

Inlägg av OR4NGE »

regnskogII skrev:
19 aug 2020, 08:14
The ones used by our military forces will never be sold to civilian parties, not directly in Sweden at least, it´s against a whole bunch of laws and regulations,

if and when they are dropped from service here, they will be refurbished and put in storage for future use and for the homeguard to have to remove the last of the AK4B that they still use in some parts.
Thanks for your answer, Thought so. Pretty similar in Canada except they end up destroying the rifles like they did to old C3s.

Användarvisningsbild
kotegaeshi

Inlägg av kotegaeshi »

regnskogII skrev:
19 aug 2020, 08:14

PSG 90 will never replace Ak4B, no.

Hemvärnet already have issued PSG 90, and the hemvärnsunderrättelsekompani will soon be issued Ag90 as well.
Skjuter helst med 1800-talskalibrar av militärt snitt

kapsyl

Inlägg av kapsyl »

Isn't PSG90 exactly the same as L96A1 AW (Arctic Warfare)? Maybe you can find it abroad though I doubt it. Even in the countries with the most relaxed gun laws they tend to squint when you apply for a gun permit regarding a potent extremely accurate automatic rifles. Also doubt british authorities would give Accuracy International an export permit without some hard scrutiny.

Användarvisningsbild
Mille

Inlägg av Mille »

kapsyl skrev:
25 aug 2020, 13:58
Isn't PSG90 exactly the same as L96A1 AW (Arctic Warfare)? Maybe you can find it abroad though I doubt it. Even in the countries with the most relaxed gun laws they tend to squint when you apply for a gun permit regarding a potent extremely accurate automatic rifles. Also doubt british authorities would give Accuracy International an export permit without some hard scrutiny.
PSG90 isn't automatic, it's not even semi-automatic.
It's a bolt action rifle.

mvh Mille

kapsyl

Inlägg av kapsyl »

Just racked up some things that makes authorities think twice before giving out a permit. I know its bolt action but its still a gun that would them squint looking at you if you applied for one.

PeterSundelin

Inlägg av PeterSundelin »

If disregarding the military heritage of the particular rifle, I have a friend that owns a Accuracy International L96A1
När nån besvarar en fråga om en Remington 700 med uppmaningen att köpa en Sauer STR eller en Tikka T3 så dör en söt kattunge!

OR4NGE

Inlägg av OR4NGE »

kapsyl skrev:
25 aug 2020, 13:58
I deal with brokers for each different country so not a problem. The PSG90 and L96A1 is not the same for avid AI Collectors. L96A1 are uncommon to rare in america but PSG90 would be a unicorn. The Swedish and german models are the only one I haven't had my hands on yet.

Sometimes, a few of these military rifles get into the civilian market legaly in different ways. If you know of one for sale, pm me pls, I am willing to pay a finders fee as well.