Walther P1

This is our interntional part of the forum. In this forum we discuss hunting, shooting, firearms, reloading and much more.
Feel free to ask us anyting in english about the topics mentioned above in this part of the forum.

Moderatorer: taxen, Kari Lindström, potatiskastare, Trond Åsly, mecke, Stefan.K, Ulrik, Fritz Kraut, PerN

Walther P1

Inläggav Corjack » 14 aug 2009, 00:55

I bought this used surplus Walther P1 a couple years age. I have not shot but a couple of mags full of ammo out of it. It was made in 1977 and is a later version of a P38 with an alloy frame and a heavier slide to handle +P+ submachine gun ammo with out damaging the pistol. It points nice and feels well in the hand. I have only shot 115 grain ammo and it prints a little low at 40 feet. It has a very usable set of sights that aline naturally. It has an ejection system that throws the brass up and too the left rather than the traditional right. I really like this handgun and need to shoot it more often in the future.

Bild
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

BlaserBuds.com
Användarvisningsbild
Corjack

Re: Walther P1

Inläggav Regnskog » 14 aug 2009, 09:44

Nice piece,

you ought to try some 124/147 grains ammo, they should print higher due to more recoil/heavier impulse

I know it not logical but that´s the way of the handgun.

Get some HP:s and use it for coupe de gras shots or just plain go get a boar with it, it´s legal for you guys right?

Best regards Chris
Jag är för servering och utskänkningstillstånd på våra skjutbanor
Regnskog

Re: Walther P1

Inläggav Corjack » 14 aug 2009, 15:14

I agree that the 124s and 147s would probably print in the right spot, but with the current political climate in the US, 115grain ammo is scarce but available. I have not seen any other bullet weight for at least 5 months. I am not sure about the legality of using the 9mm handgun for hunting in my area, but it is legal in a rifle. I will look into it and get back on this.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

BlaserBuds.com
Användarvisningsbild
Corjack

Återgå till International forum