Small Terrier

This is our interntional part of the forum. In this forum we discuss hunting, shooting, firearms, reloading and much more.
Feel free to ask us anyting in english about the topics mentioned above in this part of the forum.

Moderatorer: Fritz Kraut, PerN, taxen, Kari Lindström, potatiskastare, Trond Åsly, mecke, Stefan.K, Ulrik

Small Terrier

Inläggav Corjack » 15 jan 2011, 03:57

Ok guys, since your English is a lot better than my Swedish, I have a friend looking for a small terrier type hunting/companion dog. He likes my little rat terrier, but she is about 9 pounds. He would like a little larger dog that would weigh in the 15 to 20 pound range. He would like a breed of dog that has some natural hunting and tracking skills. I have went through your forums and saw pictures of a few of your guys dogs, and noticed a few breeds that he may be interested in. Any advice would be apreciated.

Thanks

Ron
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

BlaserBuds.com
Användarvisningsbild
Corjack

Re: Small Terrier

Inläggav puppjulle » 22 jan 2011, 15:34

how much is a pound?
What will he use the dog for?
you could look at the german hunting terrier.

http://jtcoa.com/ link to the jagdterrier club of america.
Användarvisningsbild
puppjulle

Inläggav Westy » 15 feb 2011, 12:32

Hi,
You could try a Jack Russell Terrier or a Parsons Jack Russell if you want slightly longer legs, they tend to be in the 15 -20 lb range (6+Kg) and work well with what you describe and are lovely companion dogs full of character.
Perkele är ingen svordom, det är ett kraftuttryck.
Westy

Inläggav perikles » 15 feb 2011, 21:36

Try a Border Terrier. A superiour hunting buddy in forests and fields. Mine is used for driven hunts for any game and is used at everything from squirrel to moose. I also use her for fetching birds on land and in water. She is also trained to track wounded game and if the size of the game is smaller than roe-deer she takes it by the neck and holds/kills it by herself. Just be careful if your neighbours keeps cats, rabbits or other pets since those are considered as legal pray.
Användarvisningsbild
perikles

Återgå till International forum