Carl Gustav M80 myths

This is our interntional part of the forum. In this forum we discuss hunting, shooting, firearms, reloading and much more.
Feel free to ask us anyting in english about the topics mentioned above in this part of the forum.

Moderatorer: Kari Lindström, potatiskastare, Trond Åsly, mecke, Stefan.K, Ulrik, Fritz Kraut, PerN, taxen

Carl Gustav M80 myths

Inläggav VspecII » 26 aug 2018, 16:24

Hi Friends!

My name is Michal, and I'm sport shooter.

Lack of information in my country brings me here, to homeland of Sweedish mausers. Few months ago, during 300m prone shooting competition i had opportunity to shoot one of the M80 Gustavs. Love from first sight/shot. Good looking, accurate, solid, accurate, well made, and of course accurate. I decided to buy one.

But there is huge problem to get one here, in Poland. There is lot of M63's, but lacks in M80. I was able to find few of them, but they looked weird, sellers had had also totaly strange informations like:

1. M80 is M63 system in different (sport) stock (for me it is not true, in my opinion M80 has thicker barrel, but I haven't seen both rifles side by side)
2. M80 was made in few configurations, with different diopters
3. Some said that true M80 is singleloader, another it has 5 round magazine?

So what is the truth? Is there any place/shop/web portal in Sweden where I can find one of these rifles??

Best Regards

Michal
Användarvisningsbild
VspecII

Re: Carl Gustav M80 myths

Inläggav Velcro Fly » 03 okt 2018, 22:10

VspecII skrev:Hi Friends!

Lack of information in my country brings me here, to homeland of Sweedish mausers. Few months ago, during 300m prone shooting competition i had opportunity to shoot one of the M80 Gustavs. Love from first sight/shot. Good looking, accurate, solid, accurate, well made, and of course accurate. I decided to buy one.

But there is huge problem to get one here, in Poland. There is lot of M63's, but lacks in M80. I was able to find few of them, but they looked weird, sellers had had also totaly strange informations like:

1. M80 is M63 system in different (sport) stock (for me it is not true, in my opinion M80 has thicker barrel, but I haven't seen both rifles side by side)

So what is the truth? Is there any place/shop/web portal in Sweden where I can find one of these rifles??

Best Regards

Michal

Probably too late but here’s one for sale :

https://www.blocket.se/vi/81670622.htm

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro
"Behind every great Man there´s a Woman Rolling her Eyes" Jim Carrey
Velcro Fly

Re: Carl Gustav M80 myths

Inläggav Tetrix » 03 okt 2018, 23:56

VspecII skrev:Hi Friends!

Yes the CG80 has a thicker barrel, different bolthandle with large plastic knob. But thats about it.
Yes it's true, I had a Busk diopter with some different filters. Yellow and Brown
It's not a singleloader, 5 round magazine just as the CG63

Best Regards

Michal
Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.
Användarvisningsbild
Tetrix

Återgå till International forum