1000m (tactical) shooting range

This is our interntional part of the forum. In this forum we discuss hunting, shooting, firearms, reloading and much more.
Feel free to ask us anyting in english about the topics mentioned above in this part of the forum.

Moderatorer: taxen, Kari Lindström, potatiskastare, Trond Åsly, mecke, Stefan.K, Ulrik, Fritz Kraut, PerN

1000m (tactical) shooting range

Inläggav 1moa club » 25 apr 2018, 13:26

Hello,

I'm new to this group. My name is Mike. I've got a company that teaches hunting courses on big game (Red Dear, Wild Boar, Muflon etc). Amonst my courses there's also a medium range hunting course, up to 300m shooting. For expending this activity I'm looking for a 1000m range. Can any body help me to a shooting with this distance (or longer) in Sweden?

I'd like to thank you upfront for any useful information.

Kind regards, Mike.
1moa club

Re: 1000m (tactical) shooting range

Inläggav Fk Fjun » 29 apr 2018, 23:10

Hi and welcome!
I was sure some of the long range crowd would give you an answer but they seem to all have been busy at Palmisano cup.
I am not aware of any 1000m ranges outside military areas. Those used to be hired but I don't now if that is still doable. Another way is to contact a friendly land owner who has a suitable area but you would have to check with the relevent authorities https://polisen.se/tjanster-tillstand/tillstand-ansok/anvanda-skjutbana/. Rifle clubs under The Swedish shooting association http://www.skyttesport.se/ arrange field target matches with 50-600m range targets. Those are located at any suitable terrain but I do not know what the regulations are. You could check with them?

Cheers
Fk Fjun

Re: 1000m (tactical) shooting range

Inläggav 1moa club » 05 maj 2018, 17:40

Thanks for the info.
1moa club

Återgå till International forum