Hi from Australia

This is our interntional part of the forum. In this forum we discuss hunting, shooting, firearms, reloading and much more.
Feel free to ask us anyting in english about the topics mentioned above in this part of the forum.

Moderatorer: mecke, Stefan.K, Ulrik, Fritz Kraut, PerN, taxen, Kari Lindström, potatiskastare, Trond Åsly

Re: Hi from Australia

Inläggav Stefan.K » 27 apr 2017, 21:31

Me and a mate I visited in Bathurst went to Batemans bay for a 500 m fly shoot in 2014! Probably not to far from you Finnscout?
Stefan K

Den beska smaken av dålig kvalitet sitter i bra mycket längre än det låga prisets sötma!
Användarvisningsbild
Stefan.K

Inläggav Finnscout » 27 apr 2017, 22:12

Hi RedTop, Loose was a good description mate, it could only really mean one thing !

The collars are a good thing, lost or exhausted dogs can be found with relative ease.
In some areas if the dog survived un found, it may be killed or taem up with other feral and native dogs,
a growing problem in our forests and farmland areas.
Användarvisningsbild
Finnscout

Inläggav Finnscout » 27 apr 2017, 22:14

Stefan.K skrev:Me and a mate I visited in Bathurst went to Batemans bay for a 500 m fly shoot in 2014! Probably not to far from you Finnscout?

That's my local Stefan ! What did you think of it compared to at home ?
Användarvisningsbild
Finnscout

Inläggav Finnscout » 28 apr 2017, 11:01

A pair of rabbits with the P54 from a couple of weeks ago -

Bild

The black one was a suprise for the afternoon.
Användarvisningsbild
Finnscout

Inläggav tanden » 29 apr 2017, 15:08

Nice!
I shot a black rabbit last year. But it was a fugative from a small breedeing farm for meat rabbits.... ;)
There they come in and colour....
22lr 6.5x55 30-06 9.3x62 12/76 12/70 6.5x55/12
spader ess i ärmen, hjärter dam under kudden
Det är kul när det smäller!
Användarvisningsbild
tanden

Inläggav Finnscout » 07 maj 2017, 12:17

cmk skrev:Welcome aboard Finnscout,

Does Sako have a special place in the hearts of Aussies? I seem to recall that you're not the first one from down under to mention Sako favourably. And indeed they are great rifles, so it is quite understandable to like them. However, Sako is a rather small manufacturer on the opposite side of the Earth, but perhaps they made a big export push and made a name for themselves?

/cmk (3 Sakos and counting)

Hi cmk, thanks for the welcome and I'm sorry I hadn't replied and answered your question earlier :oops:
Sako rifles certainly have a special place in the hearts of discerning Aussies and I believe this is shared the world
over by my those that appreciate the old world skills of the Sako gunsmiths.
Sako earned their reputation early on in Australia with well made rifles that were accurate 'out of the box'.
This certainly appealed to professional shooters and recreational hunters alike, but when every shot counts for a professional shooter, the Sako rifle was the standout.
When there was an extensive market for fox skins in the 70's late 80's, a Sako in .17 Remington was the tool of the trade.
It was such big business in Australia that I believe we were the only country to receive/import the L461/AI .17 Rem's
with a stainless steel barrel. These barrels were also available as a replacement part.

Bild

Cheers,

Finnscout
Användarvisningsbild
Finnscout

Föregående

Återgå till International forum